Decision Maker: Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Proposed business rate pilot.
(1) To agree that Wealden District Council be nominated as the lead authority.
(2) To agree that Eastbourne Borough Council pilots 75% business rates retention, resulting in an additional anticipated gain of £0.2m over current pooling arrangements.
(3) To agree the basic principle that no authority would receive a lower level of funding than they would have received without the pool.
(4) To agree to split resources gained on the growth in business rates on the basis of the split being 26% to East Sussex County Council, 5% to the Fire authority and the remaining 44% split amongst the District/Borough Councils;
(5) To agree the financial stability and economic development split of funding.
(6) To agree that the finalisation of the Memorandum of Understanding (appendix A) is delegated to the Chief Finance Officer.
Report author: Pauline Adams
Publication date: 07/02/2019
Date of decision: 06/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2019 - Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Effective from: 15/02/2019