Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) That Cabinet approves the proposals set out in paragraph 2.6.1 to 2.8.1 of the report regarding the Council’s wider office estate.
(2) That the Director of Regeneration and Planning, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet member for tourism and devolution be given delegated authority to:
- conclude negotiations for the grant of a lease of Southover House to Charleston; and
- enter into a lease of Southover House on the terms agreed, including all ancillary documents.
(3) That the Director of Regeneration and Planning, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet member for communities and customers, be given delegated authority to:
- conclude negotiations for the taking of a lease by the Council of premises at County Hall for temporary office and reception space; and
- enter into a lease of premises at County Hall on the terms agreed, including all ancillary documents.
(4) That in respect of the proposed granting of a lease to Charleston, Cabinet waives compliance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules in the event that the agreed rent exceeds £25,000 per annum, for the reasons set out in paragraph 2.4.2 to 2.4.9 of this report.
(5) That questions raised by Policy and Performance Advisory Committee, at its meeting on 27 January 2022, be addressed through Strategic Property Board and communicated to members where possible.
Report author: Nick Adlam
Publication date: 03/02/2022
Date of decision: 03/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 03/02/2022 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 09/02/2022