Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek Cabinet approval for an additional one year Contract Procedure Rule waiver prior to review of services in 2020.
The Cabinet considered the report of the Director of Regeneration and Planning, seeking their approval for an additional one year Contract Procedure Rule waiver to appoint Business Stream for supply of Water and Sewerage Services.
Resolved (Non-key decision):
(1) To approve an additional one year waiver as per clause 2.4.1a of the contract procedure rules to appoint Business Stream for the supply of water and sewerage services.
(2) To approve the accountable officer to sign an additional one year waiver to appoint Business Stream for supply of Water and Sewerage Services.
Reasons for decisions:
(1) Data is not yet available to enable an effective procurement exercise.
(2) A Water Regulator review is due in April 2020 which may reduce wholesale costs.
(3) Potential for procurement exercise via Clear Sustainable Futures for all the Councils Utilities.
Notes: (1) The report remained exempt. (2) Exempt information reason 3 – information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Report author: Mark Langridge Kemp
Publication date: 13/02/2019
Date of decision: 11/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2019 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 19/02/2019