Decision Maker: Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet, Eastbourne Borough Council Full Council
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Recommendations to full Council in respect of the housing revenue account for 2020/21.
Recommended to Full Council (Budget and policy framework):
(1) To agree the HRA budget for 2020/21 and revised 2019/20 budget as set out at Appendix 1 to the report.
(2) To agree that social and affordable rents (including Shared Ownership) are increased by 2.7% in line with government policy.
(3) To agree that service charges for general needs properties are increased by 2.7% (CPI +1%).
(4) To agree that the service charge for the Older Persons’ Sheltered Accommodations increases by an average of 0.5%.
(5) To agree that the Support charges for Sheltered Housing Residents are set at £7.70 per unit, per week, an increase of 20p.
(6) To agree that heating costs are increased by 2.7% (CPI+1%) in line with estimated costs set at a level designed to recover the actual cost.
(7) To agree that water charges are increased by 2.7% (CPI+1%) designed to recover the estimated cost of metered consumption.
(8) To agree that Garage rents are increased by 3.4% (September RPI+1).
(9) To give delegated authority to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Cabinet Portfolio holders for Financial Services and Direct Assistance Service and the Chief Finance Officer to finalise Eastbourne Homes’ Management Fee and Delivery Plan.
(10) To agree the HRA Capital Programme as set out at Appendix 2 to the report.
Resolved (Key decision):
(11) That delegated authority be given to the Director of Regeneration and Planning, following consultation with the Cabinet member for Direct Assistance Services to acquire properties as per the approved capital programme under terms that best protect the council’s interest.
Report author: Andrew Clarke
Publication date: 06/02/2020
Date of decision: 05/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 05/02/2020 - Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Effective from: 13/02/2020