Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet, Lewes District Council Full Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To recommend full Council to set the 2020/21 budget and council tax at their meeting in February 2020.
Resolved (Key decision):
(1) To note the late issue of the Local Government Financial settlement on 6 February 2020 and to authorise the Chief Finance Officer to make the appropriate financial adjustments to inform the budget.
Recommended to Full Council (Budget and policy framework):
(2) To approve the General Fund budget for 2019/20 (Revised) and 2020/21 (original) set out at Appendix 1 to the report including growth and savings proposals for 2020/21 as set out at Appendix 3 to the report.
(3) To approve an increase in the Council Tax for Lewes District Council of £5 resulting in a Band D charge for general expenses of £192.08 for 2020/21
(4) To approve the revised General Fund capital programme 2020/21 revised as set out at Appendix 5 to the report.
(5) To note the section 151 Officer’s sign off as outlined in the report.
Report author: Andrew Clarke
Publication date: 11/02/2020
Date of decision: 10/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2020 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 15/02/2020