Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To develop the HRA Capital Programme project pipeline and present proposals for two potential housing delivery schemes.
(1) To approve the S106 acquisition proposals outlined within Appendix A (exempt) enclosed as part of the HRA Capital Programme for housing delivery subject to contract, valuation, legal advice and the usual due diligence. The overall project costs will be covered by a combination of sales receipts, Right to Buy (RTB) receipts and borrowing as required in accordance with the HRA Business Plan
(2) To approve a waiver to the Contract Procedural Rules (CPR), as set out in Para. 2.4.1(a) of the CPR to allow the direct selection of the contractor(s) associated with any S106 proposals due to the developer(s) already owning the site(s) and being the only party with whom the Council could contract.
(3) To approve the revised scheme proposal for Saxonbury including the change in budget from £1.5m to £1.8m, the change in tenure and the use of RTB receipts to support the financial viability and delivery of new Council rented homes.
(4) To approve a waiver to the CPR, as set out in Para. 2.4.1(a) of the CPR to allow the direct selection of a main contractor for Saxonbury, due to the lack of 4 competitive tenders received in response to the Invitation to Tender.
(5) To authorise the Director of Regeneration and Planning to carry out all necessary actions to facilitate the proposals outlined at Recommendations 1) and 3) including feasibility, development and determining the terms of all necessary documentation and to subdelegate those actions as required. To also authorise the Director of Regeneration and Planning to authorise the signature of all necessary documentation to allow the purchase and development of the sites for residential housing as proposed and to let the homes to new tenants and dispose on shared ownership terms as required.
(6) To approve the increase to the existing feasibility revenue budget as implemented in June 2017 to a total amount of £350,000 to enable the development of the new housing delivery project pipeline as part of the HRA Capital Programme and to delegate authority to the Director of Regeneration and Planning to approve all expenditure, to be sub-delegated as required.
(7) To authorise and delegate authority to the Director of Regeneration and Planning, in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing and Chief Finance Officer, to carry out all necessary actions to progress and approve all acquisitions (including S106 acquisitions) as part of the HRA Capital Programme and to authorise the signature of all necessary documentation to allow the purchase(s) and further development of S106 sites subject to the development of a sound and financially viable business case presented in accordance with the HRA Business Plan and to let the homes to new tenants and dispose on shared ownership terms as required.
(8) To note the continued progress of the Council’s housing infills programme.
Report author: Nathan Thompson
Publication date: 17/06/2020
Date of decision: 11/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/06/2020 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 20/06/2020