Decision Maker: Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet, Eastbourne Borough Council Full Council
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Recommendations to full Council in respect of the housing revenue account for 2021/22.
Recommend to Full Council (Budget and policy framework)
(1) The HRA budget for 2021/22 and revised 2020/21 budget as set out at Appendix 1 to the report.
(2) That social and affordable rents (including Shared Ownership) are increased by 1.5% in line with government policy.
(3) That service charges for general needs properties are increased by 1.5% (CPI +1%).
(4) That the service charge for the Older Persons’ Sheltered Accommodations increases by an average of 1.5%.
(5) That the Support charges for Sheltered Housing Residents are set at £7.82 per unit, per week, an increase of 1.5%.
(6) That heating costs are increased by 1.5% (CPI+1%) in line with estimated costs set at a level designed to recover the actual cost.
(7) That water charges are increased by 1.5% (CPI+1%) designed to recover the estimated cost of metered consumption.
(8) Garage rents are increased by 2.1% (September RPI+1%).
(9) To give delegated authority to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Cabinet Portfolio holders for Financial Services and Direct Assistance Service and the Chief Finance Officer to finalise Eastbourne Homes’ Management Fee and Delivery Plan.
(10) The HRA Capital Programme as set out at Appendix 2 to the report.
Report author: Andrew Clarke
Publication date: 10/02/2021
Date of decision: 10/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2021 - Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet