Decision Maker: Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide a summary of the plan-making process, identify the main issues arising from the recent public consultation, and outline the next steps in the preparation of the Eastbourne Local Plan.
(1) To note the summary of the plan-making process that is outlined in the report
(2) To note the risks in delaying the preparation of a ‘sound’ local plan
(3) To note the initial summary of the main issues arising from the Growth Strategy consultation
(4) To note the Full Council agreement that the Fisherman’s Green site should be withdrawn from the Growth Strategy as the site is no longer available.
(5) To agree that any further public consultation into the Eastbourne Local Plan is paused until all evidence on potential allocation sites is sought, available and assessed.
(6) To agree to receive the Regulation 19‘Proposed Submission’ draft local plan late 2023, early 2024.
Report author: Leigh Palmer
Publication date: 15/03/2023
Date of decision: 14/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/03/2023 - Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Effective from: 23/03/2023