Report of the Chief Finance Officer
· General fund budget 2020/21 and capital programme
· Housing revenue account budget 2020/21
· Treasury Management and Prudential Indicators 2020/21, Capital Strategy & Investment Strategy
Homira Javadi, Chief Finance Officer, presented the Draft Budget Report which provided detail on the updated forecast financial position for the Council in 2020/21. During discussion the following points were highlighted:
It was confirmed that, in terms of business rates retention, the assumptions in the figures were based on what was currently being achieved. There were a number of factors that impacted on the Council’s ability to forecast business rates growth, other than inflationary increases.
1) Note the Draft Budget Proposals for 2020/21; and
2) Note that there were no recommendations to the Cabinet.