Decision Maker: Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree small grants to voluntary organisations awarded by the borough council in Eastbourne for the year 2019/20 and agree priorities for small grants for the year 2020/21.
The Cabinet considered the report of the Director of Regeneration and Planning to agree the allocation of the small grants budget in Eastbourne for the year 2019/20 and agree priorities for small grants in 2020/21.
Councillors Swansborough and Shuttleworth declared a personal interest in this item. They remained in the room and took part in the discussion whilst the item was considered.
Councillor Shuttleworth clarified that as a member of the Grants Task Group that considered and granted the applications detailed in the exempt report, he had withdrawn at the point they considered the application where he had a personal interest.
Resolved (Key decision):
(1) To approve the allocation of the 2019/20 Small Grants budget set out in paragraphs 2.2 to 2.7 of the exempt report.
(2) To agree a review of the allocation of current grants budgets between Major and Housing Grants and Small Grants during 2019.
(3) To approve the priorities for Small Grants in 2020/21 as set out at paragraph 2.9 of the exempt report.
(4) To approve the amendments to the Community and Housing Grants policy set out at paragraphs 2.10 and 2.11 of the exempt report.
(5) To approve the proposals for allocating income from the Eastbourne Lottery set out at paragraphs 2.13 to 2.15 of the exempt report and delegate authority to the Director of Regeneration and Planning to make final decisions on the allocation of this income in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Direct Assistance Services.
Reason for decisions
To make best use of council resources supporting the local voluntary and community activities.
Notes: (1) The report remained exempt. (2) Exempt information reason 3 – information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Report author: Pat Taylor
Publication date: 07/02/2019
Date of decision: 06/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2019 - Eastbourne Borough Council Cabinet
Effective from: 15/02/2019