Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To update on the financial impact of Covid-19 and associated budgetary implications.
(1) To note the initial financial impact of Covid-19 and associated vulnerability of the authority’s budget
(2) To note the assumptions being made about the ongoing financial impact of Covid-19
(3) To approve the reserve transfers included in the report
(4) To authorise the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of Council, Cabinet member for Finance and the Chief Finance Officer, to make use of monies held in the Council’s COVID19 earmarked reserve as he believes most appropriate in order to continue essential service delivery and/or to mitigate the impact of the emergency on residents and/or service users.
(5) To ask the Chief Executive to formally pass on the thanks of all members to officers of the Council for their hard work and diligence during a difficult and unprecedented period.
(6) That the Leader, Deputy Leader and Chief Executive of the Council send a letter to the Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer. The letter would acknowledge the funding received to date, although the focus would very much be on what is needed from Government to support the community going forward. The letter would focus on the flexibilities and measures needed as a Council in order to support the community and contribute to its economic recovery.
Publication date: 17/06/2020
Date of decision: 11/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/06/2020 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 20/06/2020