Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report will provide introductions or updates on a number of housing development projects across Lewes that the District Council is proposing to develop.
(1) To note the progress of the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Capital Programme, alongside other schemes for housing delivery. This is set out at Exempt Appendix 1 to the report.
(2) To authorise the acquisition of a single garage unit adjacent to land already owned by LDC, the subsequent development of land, and disposal of the garage site at Mill Road, Ringmer including to allocate a budget within the capacity of the HRA Capital Programme.
(3) To approve the new projects as detailed in Appendix 1 (Exempt) through to the planning and tender stage, subject to further Cabinet approval prior to the award of a contract and the commencement of any works.
(4) To authorise entering into a land agreement to facilitate the development of a Neighbourhood Plan identified site at Long Park Corner, Ditchling, subject to further legal, finance, and market advice.
(5) To authorise entering into a framework for a contractor offering an off-site manufactured house building solution, through an advertised open competition, to aid in the delivery of the Capital Programme alongside other procurement routes.
(6) To authorise the Director of Regeneration and Planning, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Housing, Portfolio Holder for Finance and Assets and Chief Finance Officer, to carry out all necessary actions to facilitate these proposals including feasibility, development and determining the terms of, and authorising the execution of, all necessary documentation.
Report author: Leighton Rowe
Publication date: 09/07/2021
Date of decision: 08/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/07/2021 - Lewes District Council Cabinet
Effective from: 14/07/2021