Proposed Erection of a detached 5 bedroom dwelling with a detached double garage – MEADS.
The committee felt that the tree screening would not be sufficient to protect the privacy of the neighbouring property from the windows serving the stairwell within the western elevation of the proposed dwelling and requested the inclusion of obscure glass by way of condition.
RESOLVED: (Unanimous) That permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of permission.
2. The proposed development shall be carried out in strict accordance with the following plans:
2018-16-02 – Proposed Ground and First Floor Plans
2018-16-03a - Proposed Second Floor and Roof Plans
2018-16-04 – Proposed Elevations
2018-16-05 – Patio Plan & Site Section
2018-16-06a – Patio Rear Sectional Elevation & Side Elevation
2018-16-07 – Wheel Wash Area Plan
2018-16-08 - Hard Surface Finishes
2018-16-09 - Existing and Proposed Block Plans
2018-16-10 – Proposed Foul Drainage
2018-16-11 – Service Intake & Tree Protection Plan
2018-16-12 – Proposed Street Scene Elevation
2018-16-13a – Site Layout and Section
2018-16-14 – Landscaping Plan
2018-16-15 – Existing and Proposed Front Boundary
2018-16-31 – Proposed Garage Plan & Elevations
3. The external facing materials shall be as submitted within the approved Materials Schedule unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Local Planning Authority;
· Roof Tile: Forna Especial Spanish Natural Slate
· Windows and Doors: Aluminium Framed double glazed Grey (RAL 7016)
· External Walls: Smooth Render (Grey)
· Eaves and Rainwater: Upvc Graphite Coloured
4. No demolition, site clearance or building operations shall take place except between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays and 8.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. on Saturdays and that no works in connection with the development shall take place on Sundays or Bank/Public Holidays.
5. No works shall commence on site until the two street trees in Upper Carlisle Road either side of the proposed access are protected with timber hoarding and chestnut pale fencing in accordance with approved drawing 2018-16-11. Such hoarding shall be inspected and approved by the Local Planning Authority before any works commence on site, and maintained during the course of the works on site. No unauthorised access or placement of soils, goods, fuels or chemicals or other material shall take place inside the fenced area.
6. All existing trees and shrubs (including the street trees) not scheduled for removal shall be fully safeguarded during the course of the site works and building operationsin accordance with the local planning authorities Supplementary Planning Guidance and relevant British Standards (BS 5837: 2012). No work shall commence on site until all trees and shrubs to be protected are fenced with 2.4m minimum height heavy-duty hoardings securely mounted on scaffold poles, and the temporary chestnut paling is installed in accordance with approved drawing 2018-16-11. Such fencing shall be inspected and approved by the Local Planning Authority before any works commence on site, and maintained during the course of the works on site. No unauthorised access or placement of goods, fuels or chemicals, soils or other materials shall take place inside the fenced area.
7. No bonfires or burning of materials shall take place anywhere on the site.
8. The landscaping shown on approved drawing 2018-16-14 shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details and to a reasonable standard in accordance with the relevant recommendations of appropriate British Standards or other recognised Codes of Good Practice. The works shall be carried out prior to the occupation of any part of the development or in accordance with the timetable agreed with the Local Planning Authority. Any trees or plants that, within a period of five years after planting, are removed, die or become, in the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, seriously damaged or defective, shall be replaced as soon as is reasonably practicable with others of species, size and number as originally approved, unless the Local Planning Authority gives its written consent to any variation.
9. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order, 1995 (or of any Order revoking and re-enacting or amending that Order with or without modification), no services shall be dug or laid into the ground other than in accordance with the approved drawing 2018-16-11.
10. The development shall not be occupied until the obscure glass screen to the rear patio has been implemented in accordance with drawing 2016-16-05. The screen shall be permanently retained thereafter.
11. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (or any order revoking or re-enacting that order with or without modification), no buildings, structures, hard surfaces, walls or fences of any kind shall be erected within the curtilage of the approved dwelling, between its flank wall and the boundary with 19 Upper Carlisle Road or within 9m of any of the preserved trees without the prior approval in writing of the Local Planning Authority.
12. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 (or any order revoking and re-enacting that Order with or without modification), no extension, enlargement or other alteration of the dwellinghouse other than that expressly authorised by this permission shall be carried out without planning permission obtained from the Local Planning Authority.
13. No part of the first flat roof at the rear of the dwelling hereby permitted shall be used as a balcony, nor shall the railings enclosing it be raised or any first floor windows altered to form doors.
14. No works or development shall commence until the new vehicular access has been provided in the position shown on the approved plan and the existing pedestrian access has been blocked up in matching brickwork.
15. No development shall take place until vehicle wheel washing equipment has been provided within the site in accordance with drawing 2018-16-07 Wheel Washing Area Plan. The equipment shall be retained for the duration of the construction in accordance with the approved details to prevent contamination and damage to the adjacent roads.
16. No above ground build shall take place until details of a surface water drainage scheme have been submitted to and agreed in writing by the local planning authority. The surface water drainage scheme should be supported by an assessment of the site’s potential for disposing of surface water by means of a sustainable drainage system and be carried out or supervised by, an accredited person. An accredited person shall be someone who is an Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered (CEng) Civil Engineer with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM). The implementation of the surface water drainage scheme shall thereafter be carried out in accordance with the approved details prior to the occupation of the dwelling hereby approved.
17. Following completion of the works a statement by an accredited person, someone who is an Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered (CEng) Civil Engineer with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM), confirming that the suds scheme approved under condition 16 has been fully implemented shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority.
18. No changes in soil levels shall occur within the root protection area of all trees indicated as retained.
19. Notwithstanding the approved drawings, prior to the occupation of the dwelling hereby approved details of obscure glazing to the windows within the side elevation (west) serving the stairs shall be submitted to and approved by the local planning authority and thereafter the development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details and retained as such thereafter.